Acceptable Use Policy
A fundamental part of safety for the network and your sensitive information.
The days of buffering and slow downloads will be an issue of the past. With the obvious advantage of increase in speed, letting you and your family stream and play games faster than ever. But just what can be expected of the fast service?
On the fence about wireless internet?
With wireless internet you do not require a fixed line, making wireless quick and easy with minimal wiring. The flexibility of wireless lets you get internet access from almost everywhere, making wireless affordable in rural areas
With LTE being more convienient for us South Africans, the days waiting on installations is a thing if the past with LTE being plug and play, making life easier to get connected to the internet and start watching your favourite movies and TV shows.
Complaints and Procedures
It is the customer’s responsibility to familiarize himself with the complaints procedures and to report any violations of the AUP to Air Broadband. Please note that Air Broadband cannot handle complaints concerning networks or users who are not contracted with us or who are outside our control.
In order for Air Broadband to investigate any AUP violations and take the necessary action, customers must provide as much information as possible, in writing, via fax or email. This information includes the origin of the abuse or offense, why it violates the AUP and the contact details of the complainant. Air Broadband discourages making anonymous complaints, though we will act on them if enough information is supplied.
The purpose of the AUP is to:
- Ensure that we comply with the laws and regulations of the Republic.
- Specify to customers and users what activities and behavior is unacceptable.
- Specify the consequences of such activities and behavior.
- Protect customers and users from abuse or harassment.
- Ensure the integrity of Air Broadband’s products and services.
By using Air Broadband’s products and services you agree to comply with all policies on this site, including the AUP.
Action to be taken in the event of AUP violation.
- The investigation of a user, which may include a written warning or the suspension or termination of services for the period of the investigation.
- The notification of the network administrator of the violation and requesting action to address the incident.
- Charging the offenders for lost machine or man hours that result from the incident.
- Instituting legal proceedings.
- Sharing information on the incident and the offenders to other service providers and law enforcement agencies.
Reservation and Non Waiver of Rights
- Air Broadband reserves the right to change the contents of this policy without notice.
- Air Broadband reserves the right to take action against any individuals or groups who violate the AUP to the fullest extent of the law.
- Air Broadband reserves the right to act against other abuses not listed in this document.
- Air Broadband reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for security purposes and prevent any authorized attempts to tamper with or damage our property.
- Air Broadband does not undertake to guarantee the security of data passing through our networks.
- Air Broadband does not waive its right to enforce the AUP at any time or prejudice its right to take subsequent action, should Air Broadband fail, neglect or elect not to enforce a breach of the AUP at any time.
- The sending of bulk unsolicited emails (“spam”), chain letters and malicious emails.
- The distribution of material that violate international laws, including child pornography.
- The promotion of hate speech, discrimination, violence and obscenities.
- The distribution of intellectual property (Ip) without consent from the owner.
- Fraudulent activities that include pyramid schemes, impersonating another user or entering transactions on behalf of another without their consent.
- The sale or distribution of illegal or pirated software.
- The violation of another user’s rights.
- The circumventing of security measures of other parties (“hacking”).
- Any activity that hampers the delivery of services to users.
Talk with our team
Looking for more information?
Submit your information and an Air Broadband representative will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Office 3, Dan Pienaar Mall
Bloemfontein Office: (051) 555 0000
WhatsApp: 074 176 3476
Mon-Fri: 7am – 4pm
After hours support:
Mon-Fri: 4pm – 10pm
Sat-Sun: 8am – 10pm